Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday 9 April already!

Wow! How time flies! Forgive me, readers, for I have procrastinated; it’s been ten days since my last blog.
To be honest, nothing much has happened during the last ten days, just the usual; sitting in the sun, going to the gym, sitting in the sun, out for dinner, sitting on the sun etc. The schools are on holiday for three weeks, so I haven’t been doing my volunteer stint. We are going away this weekend, to the area around Sabie in Mpumalanga. (Just say it as it looks!). Two different people had suggested it and a quick look on the internet brought up some reasonable accommodation, so off we go on Friday afternoon until Sunday night.
Last weekend we went to the cinema to see Vantage Point which was very good. It is about an assassination attempt on the US president The same scene replays several times from different characters’ perspectives, which may sound boring but wasn’t at all. It uses the same premise as the cult Japanese film Roshomon. (Impressed? Well actually I wouldn’t know it from Winnie the Pooh; I read it in the papers and thought I’d put it in here!) However good it was, it was a “man’s fillum”. I long for a chick flick, but the two people over here I’d be most likely to go with tend to go on a Thursday morning and I am at the philosophy school then. I am just thinking of the Hagen-Daz and Chocolate nights I’ll have with my pal when I get back to Scotia’s shores, as 27 dresses and PS I love you will be out on DVD by then!

No comments: