Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why I don't like cats!

This morning, it was a lovely sunny day so I opened the patio doors whilst I was doing some housework. What a shock I got to come into the kitchen to be confronted by a big black and white cat! Sitting there as though he owned the place! How long had it been there? What had it been doing? And I had just finished cleaning in there, so now I need to do all the surfaces again as he might have walked on them. Now I don’t much like dogs, either, but a dog wouldn’t be roaming about in the first place and wouldn’t come uninvited into your home. But even if he did, he’d most likely make some noise, either a “woof” or those clip clop toenail sounds. So you’d know he was there. But this creepy thing had come in unannounced and uninvited and had been creeping around for God knows how long, doing who knows what! What a cheek!

4 comments:

Sis said...

I KNOW !! They normally leave a little calling card when they visit my garden 10 TIMES A WEEK!!

Dogs have to be kept on a lead so why not cats? They are both regarded as household pets or should that be pest?

Humph!

Joyce said...

Well, so far no "calling cards" so for that at least i should be grateful! And in case you are wondering, how did I get rid of it? A gentle introduction of the toe of my shoe to it's rear end! And then it had the cheek to sit outside and stare at me!

SamT said...

Oh don't be nasty about puddy cats!!
They kill things, so you might need its services one day.
Cats are the philosophers of the animal world!
Also a lot more intelligent than a dog and as I have both I can vouch for that!!

Joyce said...

I knew you'd take the bait, Susan! On reflection it was quite passive, didn't snarl or whatever the cat equivalent is and I did feel a slight...VERY slight pang of guilt when I saw it outside still staring in at me. And as we do have some strange creeping and crawling things out here, I suppose I might need it's services one day! Live and let live, I suppose a philosopher ought to say, eh?