Saturday, November 24, 2007

Braiis birds and beasties

As most of you know, I take a lot of drugs. All prescribed!!! So I need to have regular blood checks in case I keel over one day. Today I visited the doctor. The “office” is a huge affair, more like a mini hospital with several doctors, dentists, pharmacy, body image clinic (?) and a casualty dept all under one roof. Very effective. But… doctors’ waiting rooms are the same the world over! My appointment was at 8.00 a.m. and I was called at 8.15. Not bad, I thought, but that was only to join my doctor’s queue! I was third up, so eventually got in around 8.30. From there on in everything was very efficient and I was poked, prodded and stabbed in several places before being presented with my bill at 9.15. We hope to finally get the braii going this weekend . Les bought the charcoal last weekend but we are still waiting for the grille to be fitted. It’s a bit big for two, you could roast a whole animal on there, our two wee chicken breasts will look a bit puny! Maybe we will go local and try the wors which is served with pap and chakalaka. (that’s sausage, cornmeal and spicy sauce to you). I’ll let you know what it is like. I have been finding out about various things to see and do in the local area. So we are going to a craft market and a bird garden this weekend. This morning I was in the garden and saw some beautiful birds. There were bright yellow ones like canaries, small black ones with bright red heads and tails and bigger tan coloured ones with great big yellow eyes! It will be good to try to put names to them. (I mean species, not Chirpy or Tweetiepie) Of course there are also all sorts of different flying and crawling beasties here, but fewer than I expected. The bathroom has natural travertine tiling and it has lots of little holes and crevices in it. I am always thinking I see a big scary beastie until I put my specs on and see it is only a natural mark on the tile!

2 comments:

SamT said...

So do we hear that there shall be a South African correspondant for Bill Oddie and Katie Humble on Autumn watch this year? lol.

Ann said...

Hi Mate...just found out how to leave a comment, we are enjoying your blog in the library (the staff that is).

And can I say that I saw a lovely coloured bird in my garden on Saturday..it was a Robin!!! it is so cold, dark and dreach!!!