Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Monday's musings (but posted on Tuesday!)

Saturday, we went to the craft market and bought: A terracotta oil burner, a lavender pomander and three big, well established cactus plants for the garden. Total expenditure: £5.50. Then we went to the bird garden where I did indeed find out the names of some of the garden birds. One is a bishopthe wee red one, another is a Rameron pigeon yellow eye socket, the others I forget already. But the bird garden was great, it also had monkeys, some little deer, geckos, lizards and…snakes….! They were big feckers! As we walked round the adjacent shopping centre, we heard, “Hi, Les!” Honestly, can’t take him anywhere but he meets someone he knows!
We had the braii on Friday and it was fantastic, so much so that we had another on Saturday. Today (Sunday) we are going to hang a painting we bought yesterday, that should be fun and games as we will never agree on how low it should go… being only 5’4 I obviously have a different perspective than Les! At home, I have several mirrors that the boys and Les can use but I can only see the top of my head! So I will be deciding where my painting goes!
The weather was great on Sunday,scorching hot and for the first time, no rain at all, so most of the day was spent relaxing in the garden.
Still no word of when the freight will get here ; I am running out of various ways to combine 10 tee shirts and two pairs of Capri trousers! We are going out to dinner with Les work people on Monday night so I will try my best to dress up the one pair of linen trousers I have brought.

No comments: